Our Outpatient Program is founded on an ongoing commitment to recovery.
The Newport Academy Outpatient Program treats teens aged 13–19 who are experiencing psychological, behavioral, and teenage drug abuse issues. We specialize in teen mental health, which includes depression, teen anxiety, and trauma. The Outpatient Program is founded on an ongoing commitment to recovery–essential for ensuring sustainable results. Our program involves a comprehensive, multidisciplinary treatment plan tailored to each individual. This plan features a multi-phase track that progresses along an integrated growth trajectory, teaching fundamental skills for lifelong success.
How It Works
In our Outpatient Program, each adolescent is provided with an individualized treatment plan that utilizes a multi-phase system established by our Treatment Team. The phase system provides incentive for progress and multiple opportunities for supported reflection along the way, allowing teens to foster self-awareness. The opportunity to examine personal habits and behaviors allows clients to observe and encourage their personal growth. Our integrated model facilitates healthier relationships, direct communication, and personal responsibility.
Through individual, family, experiential, and group therapy, as well as recovery counseling sessions, the Newport Academy Outpatient Program fosters positive family dynamics and overall thriving for teens.
A Day in the Life
Each week of the Newport Academy Outpatient Program includes clinical and experiential therapy sessions to support personal growth, holistic awareness, individual accountability, and healthy relationships.
While specific sessions, therapies, and sequences of activities are subject to change, the following schedule represents a typical week of the Newport Academy Outpatient Program.
A snapshot of our Outpatient Program’s therapeutic offerings.
- Multi-family Group: This weekly group brings together all outpatient families to focus on issues such as effective communication, healthy boundaries, conflict resolution, family dynamics, and parenting skills.
- Parent Support Group: This weekly group gives parents a forum to gather in a supportive environment, without their children, to discuss various issues.
- Family Therapy Sessions: Teens and their families have weekly or bi-monthly sessions with their assigned family therapist, designed to encourage positive communication and increased awareness of self and others.
- Individual Therapy Sessions: Teens attend weekly therapy sessions with their assigned therapist during phase one, and then on an as-needed basis.
- Individual Recovery Counseling Sessions: Teens receive weekly counseling sessions with a Certified Addiction Counselor for the duration of their participation, to keep the focus on their recovery.
- Experiential Therapies/Groups: Teens are exposed to a variety of experiential therapies including (but not limited to) music therapy, yoga, and meditation.