Male Residential Treatment Facility Locations
The right environment is key for successful care at a residential treatment facility. Our residential teen treatment centers on both East and West Coasts offer comfort and natural beauty to cultivate transformation and healing from teen mental health issues, trauma, eating disorders, and substance abuse.
Research has shown that gender-specific teen rehab is most effective in treating teen mental health issues, trauma, eating disorders, and substance abuse. Newport Academy’s adolescent residential treatment programs on both East and West Coasts provide gender-separate campuses for adolescent females, where they can achieve sustainable healing. We invite you to contact our Admissions team and take a tour of our facilities today.
We hold this healing space in deep reverence, and we are here for your teen and your family, every step of the way.
“Newport Academy put me into an environment where I could thrive.”
The Newport Academy Adolescent Residential Treatment Centers
Our locations offer privacy and safety, in surroundings of natural beauty, with a limited number of residents at any given time. Experience has taught us that keeping our groups small and intimate results in dramatically better outcomes for sustainable healing and personal growth. Our tailored clinical approach and gender-specific treatment environments are designed to allow adolescent males to feel comfortable in their own skin and build strong peer support—essential in the treatment and recovery process.
Newport Academy — West Coast
The Newport Academy Southern California locations offer views of the serene Santa Ana Valley and proximity to the 1,269-acre Santiago Oaks Regional Park, a nature lover’s paradise. The settings provide abundant natural beauty, including mountain vistas, orange groves, meandering creeks, and mature forests. Conveniently located 45 minutes from Los Angeles and 20 minutes from John Wayne Airport, Newport Academy Southern California facilities treat teens in well-appointed private homes separated by gender.
The Newport Academy Northern California locations are in the serene San Francisco Bay Area, with access to the stunning natural beauty and open spaces of the region. These include the Marin Headlands, Mount Tamalpais, Point Reyes National Seashore, Muir Woods National Monument, and the iconic seaside. Northern California provides oceanic beauty, majestic redwoods, and sweeping hillsides with breathtaking views. Conveniently located 45 minutes from San Francisco International Airport, Newport Academy Northern California facilities treat teens individually, in small-scale, home-like properties that showcase the bucolic environment.
To protect the privacy of our residents, we do not disclose the addresses of our residential teen treatment facilities to the public. If you are interested in learning more about our locations, please contact us at 866.367.8336.
Newport Academy — East Coast
At the center of a breathtaking 65-acre nature preserve, the Newport Academy East Coast location is surrounded by beautiful foliage, rolling hills, and flowing streams. The Newport Academy CT campus is convenient to both New York City and Connecticut airports, and offers a natural bucolic setting in which teens can find inner peace and personal healing. Residences are secluded and gender-separate, with comfortable common areas for downtime, group sessions, and relationship building.
To protect the privacy of our residents, we do not disclose the address of our residential teen treatment facilities to the public. If you are interested in learning more about our locations, please contact us at 866.367.8336.
Amenities of our Residential Teen Treatment Programs
- Our beautifully appointed, cozy, ranch-style housing, features comfortable living areas to to accommodate welcoming group therapy sessions.
- The dining areas at Newport Academy locations provide family-style meals so teens experience the comfort of home. Staff and residents eat together, so that staff can model healthy eating habits and encourage positive conversation.
- Our highly trained chefs provide nutritious meals made with seasonal, organic, and local ingredients, including fruits and vegetables grown in our own on-site gardens.
- Time in nature cultivates new growth. In our Horticulture Program, residents work together to build gardens and tend to them weekly. This provides somatic learning and allows teens to enjoy the fruits (and vegetables!) of their efforts at mealtimes.
- Daily yoga and meditation classes are conducted on-site in our yurts or shared outdoor spaces.
- Fitness activities take place in our on-site gyms. Teens are supervised individually, to ensure that each resident receives healthy fitness support and training.
- Music Therapy takes place in our music rooms. Teens are encouraged to bring their own instruments and participate in the creative therapeutic process.
- Adventure Therapy takes place both on- and offsite. Our facilities feature on-site wigwams, treehouses, ponds, and hiking trails. In California, we enjoy local ropes courses, surfing, and hikes and climbing amid coastal beauty. In Connecticut, we paddle board on Long Island Sound and on local rivers. We also hike, rock climb, cross-country ski, snowshoe and explore natural caves.
- Our Art Therapy spaces give teens easy access to creative expression.
- Academic classrooms feature the latest technology to support the learning process. Our teachers work each student, their parents and, current schoolteachers, and Newport Academy staff to create a customized academic plan for individual instruction that will help each unique teen grow and succeed academically.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the sleeping arrangements like?
We offer comfortable gender-specific rooms with two beds, private bath, and all the amenities necessary to create a serene healing environment. Visit Our Campuses virtually or in person.
When I come to treatment, what should I bring with me?
Bring about 10 days’ worth of clothing that is seasonally appropriate. Bring comfortable clothes and workout clothes. We have laundry facilities in each of our houses, so you will be able to wash your clothes while you are here.
What will my average day be like?
See a daily program schedule.
How often will I receive individual therapy?
As often as the treatment team feels is necessary—which could be once a day or a few times a week.
How will being in treatment impact my school attendance/school work?
While you are at Newport Academy, our credentialed teaching staff will confidentially work with your teachers at your home school to develop an Individualized Education Plan to meet your specific academic needs. Through the collaborative efforts of our team approach, you can keep current with your home school curriculum and excel academically.
Will I be asked to do excessive chores while in the program?
No. Your house will work together as a team, and daily chores will be split up among all residents.
Learn More About Our Other Teen
Treatment Center Locations
The right environment is key for successful treatment. Our residential teen treatment centers in California and Connecticut offer comfort and natural beauty to cultivate transformation and healing from teen mental health issues, trauma, eating disorders, and substance abuse.
Outpatient treatment provides clients with ongoing care, programming, and monitoring, while integrating back into day-to-day life and personal home environments. Our Outpatient Program is designed to help teens transitioning from residential treatment continue their daily recovery in a structured and secure environment.
Newport Academy Day Schools offer a comprehensive and nurturing environment for students to reach their full academic potential, while continuing to focus on their recovery. Teens are able to heal in mind, body, and spirit while gaining high school diplomas or college credit and setting attainable goals for the future.