Michel Mennesson, MD
Dr. Michel Mennesson is board-certified in general psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. In addition, he has an added qualification in Addiction Psychiatry. However, he trained as a pediatrician and internist before entering the field of psychiatry.
Originally from France, Dr. Michel thrives on finding new and creative solutions by drawing from a variety of therapeutic approaches. Also, a longtime practitioner of yoga and meditation, he is a strong proponent for integrating mindfulness principles into clinical treatment.
Newport Academy…in his own words
“I love working with a great team to help teens turn their lives around. It’s inspiring that I get to teach teens new ways of thinking. Although they are reluctant at first to try and silence their negative thoughts, they eventually find that a quiet mind is an effective mind. ” —Michel Mennesson
- Residency in Adult Psychiatry from Yale University Department of Psychiatry
- Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry from Yale Child Study Center
- Assistant Professor at Yale University Department of Psychiatry
- Best Teacher Award from UConn Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Residency in Pediatrics from Waterbury Hospital Health Center