Irvine, CA, offers many options for teen treatment. And there are unfortunately more and more reasons to offer these services. In Southern California, raising healthy, self-confident teenagers has become more challenging than ever.
Irvine, CA, is home to several major institutions of higher learning, including a campus of the University of California. It is a community that values achievement and academic performance. Teens manage the demands of school, after-school activities, and part-time jobs. The teens in Irvine also deal with pressure. The combination of peer pressure and the access to drugs in Orange County has led many teens to try marijuana, prescription drugs, and heroin. For some adolescents, substance use stops after those first recreational experiments. But for others, dabbling in drugs can lead to dependence. On top of this, teen anxiety, teen depression, and self-harm are on the rise. As a result, many teens have co-occurring disorders. Therefore, teen treatment plays a big role in getting kids back on track.
Signs of Substance Use Disorder in Irvine, CA
How do you know if your child has a problem? As a public service to families in this community, the city of Irvine has compiled a list of warning signs related to the search term “substance use disorder Irvine CA.” These warning signs include:
- A decline in academic performance
- Changes in attendance at work or school
- Unexplainable mood swings
- Aggression with family members
- Wearing clothes that conceal the body
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Giving up favorite activities or old friends
- Frequently borrowing or stealing money
- Stealing prescription medications
Talk to your teens on a regular basis. This gives you insight into their feelings and behavior. It also gives you the chance to detect the early signs of substance use. Hence, the connection will already be established should challenges arise.
Teen Rehab in Irvine, CA
Even the strongest, closest families are affected by teen mental health and substance use disorder in Irvine, CA. Many Irvine parents are terrified by the idea of drug abuse or teen mental health issues. As a result, they might ignore symptoms. They may hope it’s just a passing phase. But for Irvine teenagers who struggle with drugs and alcohol, drug use is more than a phase. Therefore, if your son or daughter is showing signs of substance abuse, get help. It could save their life. Especially relevant is to get help right away. Don’t wait.
Tips for Finding the Best Teen Treatment
- Look for a licensed, credentialed facility. It must be accredited by national quality-control organizations. One example is the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), which examines the treatment of substance use disorder in Irvine, CA.
- Find a program that offers an evaluation of physical, behavioral, and emotional needs. This should include a screening for mental health conditions like teen depression and teen anxiety. In addition, staff should be trained to conduct such evaluations.
- Be sure the staff consists of clinicians and mental health experts. Furthermore, they should specialize in teen mental health and substance use treatment for adolescents.
- Look for a program that includes family involvement. This entails family counseling sessions as well as individual and group counseling.
- Ask whether the facility’s residential treatment services are gender-specific. There should be separate facilities for males and females. Gender-specific treatment lets teens focus on recovery with fewer distractions and social pressures. Consequently, treatment is far more beneficial.
- Identify a treatment program that includes holistic therapies. These include Adventure Therapy, Expressive Therapy (art, music), or Equine-Assisted Therapy, in which teens grow and heal through working with horses.
- Find a treatment program that helps teens build a support system. For example, peer group therapy and support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Look for a program that promotes physical health. Offerings should include nutritional counseling, exercise programs, and stress management education.
Irvine Social Services
The city of Irvine supports its families by providing a number of valuable public services. One example is Project Success which offers counseling and education. The organization serves students and their families through the public school system. A goal of the project is to reduce substance use disorder in Irvine, CA. Furthermore, this helps the kids of Orange County find a safe refuge.
For the best in private teen rehab, Newport Academy offers fully integrated services that are tailored to the needs of your child. Most of all, we know that what we do works. We take great pride in this.
Contact us today for a confidential consultation to start the recovery process today.