Robyn Le Ann
Robyn Le Ann brings a unique blend of education, training, and experience to Newport Academy’s Equine-Assisted Therapy program. Her background in yoga therapy, combined with her equine skills and her desire to be of service to others, inspired her to train as a Certified Equine Specialist.
Robyn has worked with horses for close to three decades, in various capacities. As a member of the Mounted Patrol Unit in Southern California for more than seven years, she fine-tuned her ability to observe and interpret the nonverbal communication of horses and humans. This intuitive nature and rich life experience inform her capacity to connect with teens.
Newport Academy…in her own words
“It is very rewarding to see residents at Newport Academy learn about themselves through Equine Therapy. I am honored to be part of this process of growth and learning. Horses accept each individual unconditionally, and respond to them in the present moment. Residents might arrive at new awarenesses in just one session with a horse that could take months in another type of therapy. Being an eyewitness to the transformation that happens when they make that connection is especially gratifying.”—Robyn Le Ann
- Certified as an Equine Specialist, Level II, by the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Trained in Pegasus Experiential Counseling Techniques, Level 2
- Yoga Alliance–registered yoga instructor
- Completed Reserve Officer Training Program with the San Bernardino (California) Sheriff’s Department