DIRECTOR OF COMPLIANCE
Annie Gendaszek, MA, LAADC
Annie Gendaszek brings to the Newport Academy team in-depth experience in quantitative and qualitative research. Additionally she brings professional communication skills across a wide range of platforms. Annie continues to be fascinated by the interface of psychology and law. Furthermore, she has acquired degrees in both psychology and communication studies, and a background in the litigation field. As a subcontractor for Persuasion Strategies, a service of Holland & Hart LLP, Denver, Colorado, she applied her knowledge of social science research methodology to litigation research on a project-by-project basis. She also provided trial support for the Denver District Attorney’s Office. In the same fashion, Annie has assisted deputy district attorneys in drug court with trial preparation and courtroom coverage.
She has a vast experience in the field of psychology. This includes positions as a program director, case manager, as well as senior resident manager for Safe Harbor Treatment Center in Costa Mesa, California. Annie has performed research at Bates College on the illicit use of psychostimulants in college students. Additionally, this was published in Psychology, Health, and Medicine. She also co-authored an article published in the Journal of the American Corporate Counsel Association. This included findings from a national study she designed on juror perceptions of corporations in the post-Enron era.
Newport Academy…in her own words
“I work with the brightest, most talented, creative, and passionate colleagues. I love working every day as part of a team that has the same goal of empowering teens (we truly do this) and restoring families. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing the shifts residents make within themselves and in their relationships with their families during their time with us.”—Annie Gendaszek
- Advanced studies towards a master’s degree in Forensic Psychology at the University of Denver’s Graduate School of Professional Psychology, Denver, Colorado
- Master’s degree in Communication Studies from University of Colorado, Boulder
- Undergraduate degree in psychology from Bates College, Lewiston, Maine
- Licensed Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor
- Member of the American Psychological Association, Division of Psychology and Law, and the American Society of Trial Consultants